There’s a thousand ways to plan your kitchen…
The art is designing a plan
that’s right for you.
Why iPlan Kitchens
are you ready to iPlan your KitcheN
Successfully planning a kitchen project from start to finish requires a combination of skill and artistry. It all begins with the layout, which must take into account the unique shape of the kitchen space, as well as the locations of doors, windows and other fixed objects.
When considering a replacement kitchen, it’s essential to be cautious of inexperienced designers or commission hungry sales people who may simply replicate the existing cabinet layout without considering positive change. Given that your current kitchen might be several decades old, it’s important to recognise the significant changes in kitchen design over the years. These changes encompass various aspects, including drawer systems, hinges, corner solutions, cabinet sizes, materials, appliance options, and lighting.
However, the layout is merely the starting point in the iPlan process. To achieve a successful kitchen project, you should consider multiple factors. Choices related to cabinet construction, colour schemes, door styles, worktop solutions, and appliance functionality all play pivotal roles. Moreover, consider the entire manufacturing process, delivery logistics, and the installation phase as integral parts of the overall kitchen plan. By doing so, you can be confident your well-thought-out kitchen plan will come to fruition on budget, and meets both your functional needs and aesthetic preferences.
Planning a kitchen project successfully involves several stages, each requiring attention to detail and careful consideration. Let’s elaborate on the key aspects involved in the end-to-end process:
1. Layout and Space Utilisation: The starting point is to assess the available kitchen space, considering its shape, dimensions, and the positions of doors and windows. The goal is to create an efficient layout that maximises space and ensures smooth traffic flow. This may involve selecting between various kitchen layout styles such as L-shaped, U-shaped, galley, or island kitchens, depending on the available space and your preferences.
2. Design and Aesthetics: Once the layout is established, the next step is to decide on the design and aesthetic aspects of the kitchen. This includes choosing door styles, materials, and colours that complement the overall theme of your home and align with your personal taste. The design should strike a balance between functionality and visual appeal.
3. Functionality and Ergonomics: A well-designed kitchen should prioritise functionality and ergonomics. This means arranging the kitchen layout in a way that makes cooking, cleaning, and other kitchen tasks convenient and efficient. For example, positioning the sink, hob, and fridge in a “work triangle” can enhance workflow.
4. Appliance Selection: Selecting the right appliances is crucial to the overall functionality of the kitchen. Consider energy-efficient and technologically advanced appliances that align with your cooking habits, lifestyle, and budget. The choices can include ovens, hob, extraction, refrigerator, dishwasher, and more.
5. Cabinet Construction and Storage Solutions: The construction and quality of the cabinets impact the durability and longevity of your kitchen. Opt for well-built cabinets that offer ample storage space and incorporate modern solutions such as wide easy open, soft close drawers, pull-out wirework, and custom organisers for improved accessibility.
6. Worksurface Solutions: Your choice of the kitchen worktop plays a significant role in both aesthetics and functionality. Popular options include granite, quartz, timber, acrylic or laminate, each with its unique advantages.
7. Lighting: Proper lighting can transform the ambiance of a kitchen and make it more functional. A mix of task lighting, ambient lighting, and accent lighting can enhance the overall appeal and ensure a well-lit workspace.
8. Manufacturing, Delivery, and Installation: Once the planning and selections are complete, the kitchen project moves into the manufacturing phase, where all the components are constructed and prepared for delivery and installation. Ensure that you work with reputable manufacturers and contractors to guarantee quality workmanship.
9. Budgeting and Timeline: Throughout the planning process, it’s essential to set a realistic budget and timeline. This will help you prioritise choices and avoid any unexpected delays or overspending. Make sure any electrical rewiring or building preparation work is completed before the scheduled kitchen delivery and installation date.
10. Quality Control and Final Touches: After the installation, conduct a thorough quality check to ensure everything is in place and functioning correctly. Add the final touches to the décor and accessorise to complete the kitchen’s look.
By taking this holistic approach to consider all these factors, you can plan a kitchen project that is not only aesthetically pleasing but also functional, ergonomic, and well-suited to your lifestyle and needs.
If you’re new to the kitchen-buying process, we highly recommend reading our concise yet informative Buyer’s Guide. This helpful PDF resource provides valuable insights and tips to navigate your journey effectively. Make sure to give it a read, especially before your initial design appointment, to maximise your understanding of the kitchen buying process.
let's make your kitchen amazing too
How much does a kitchen design cost?
FREE is the short answer – The iPlan Kitchen Design Process is an end-to-end creative consultation for you to enjoy and participate, without the stress. We will ‘Design’ your kitchen as if it were our own, with the care and attention-to-detail your project investment deserves. Good planning eliminates all sorts of potential problems further down the road.
You’ll also receive a full brief and consultation, project management support, HD rendered photos of the proposed kitchen layout, and detailed working plans to include plumbing, gas and electrical guides. The thoroughness of our service and accuracy of our quotes, coupled with the convenience of a one-to-one, one-stop consultation makes this service a worthwhile investment.
CLICK HERE if you want to book an appointment online. Our kitchen plan and design service is FREE if you live in the West Midlands, are a previous customer, a referred customer or bona fide iPlan Trade Customer…
or you can call us FREE on the telephone ☎ 0800 644 0300
We also offer non-customers our Professional Kitchen Design Service, and we have limited the design fee to just £240.00*. This is fully refundable if you purchase your kitchen from iPlan Kitchens and you become a cherished customer. Look at it as a small holding deposit towards the kitchen you want.
Unlike a ‘Free Kitchen Design’ offered by multiple retail showrooms and trade suppliers, you will own the process, and iPlan will be working exclusively for you. Together we’ll create a plan that works, and our design team will render visuals that will inspire.
When we’re finished, you may, or may not buy your kitchen from us. However, you will own a full-set of professional floor plans, elevation views, stunning rendered HD photos and an itemised quotation based on your kitchen design. This information can be shared with prospective kitchen suppliers, helping you to get those like-for-like quotes…
* Purchase your kitchen from iPlan Kitchens, and we will fully refund your design fee.
What we will require from you...
We will need accurate measurements of the proposed kitchen area for us to design your new kitchen.
A useful “How to Measure” guide can be found below, or CLICK HERE.
If you have architectural or kitchen design plans already drawn up, you can email them to email@example.com
Home Visits and Site Surveys are available on request, or you can book online here – BOOK HOME VISIT / SURVEY
iplan helpful guides
Open our MEASURE Guide (PDF)
Open our BUYER Guide (PDF)
I want to know
a new kitchen
will cost me?
For a free design
CALL US FREE ON
Visit our frequently
page to find